Kick-Start your Day
Do you get up groggy and irritated and carry that feeling for the rest of the day? Do you wish that you were packed with energy to make the most of your day? Well the answer is, what Starts well, Ends well. If the snooze button is your best buddy and you get up at the last possible moment to rush into your day, then the whole day goes by without realisation. Take some time out for yourself and feel the surroundings around you. Follow these tips, even if just a few and you will feel the difference!
1. Greet the day with a SMILE: If you respect your day the day will reciprocate the same way. As simple as that! Smiling the minute you wake up sends positive signals to your brains reassuring the brain that everything is alright. This will also help you carry the same mood throughout. Go to your balcony or the window to see the sunrise, and breathe the fresh early morning air. Take a moment to think of something good and positive that brings a smile to your face. It’s the best trend-setter for the day.
2. Drink Water: Drinking a glass of water even before that morning cup of coffee is very important. Most experts say that water is essential and comes second only to oxygen. It is nature’s appetite suppressant and helps to metabolize the fat content in your body that makes you sluggish. Hallelujah to WATER!
3. Exercise those sleeping muscles: The timing is not really that important. One can exercise at any time of the day, but kick-starting the day with a little exercise can give the required boost of energy. Pumping those sleeping muscles will wake you up and get your brain working. Besides, you can avoid additional shower during the day.
4. Breakfast like a KING: Everybody knows food gives energy but still shy away from breakfast. Utter nonsense! If you know it is important then why skip it? But yes, it is more important to know what to eat. Breakfast essentially should be healthy so give stuffed parathas a miss and instead go for cereals, muesli, eggs, fruits, juices, milkshakes, and nuts these are low in calories and have all the essentials of day-drivers. Experiment with your breakfast each day; try not to repeat the menu. Also try and make citrus fruits, eggs, honey, chocolate, cherry tomatoes a part of your meal. These are known as anti-depressants, and will make you happy and healthy too.
5. Goal Time: Got goals? Well, you should. And there’s no better time to review them and plan for them and do your goal tasks first thing in the morning. You should have one goal that you want to accomplish this week. And every morning, you should decide what one thing you can do today to move yourself further towards that goal. And then, if possible, do that first thing in the morning.
6. Listen to some good music: Music is one of the greatest anti-depressants and stress buster. So turn up the volume while you carry on with your morning rituals. Make a playlist of your most favourite songs, it will charge your senses indefinitely.
7. Laugh out loud: You will be surprised but laughing like a hyena actually has a lot of benefits. It helps in lowering blood pressure, increases vascular blood flow and oxygenation of the blood and if these reasons aren’t enough for you then laughing also helps you to forget sorrows and deal with your stress with vigor. Read something funny in the newspaper or internet, even if just a few lines. If not, then call up that one person who always cracks you up.
Lastly have one good look in the mirror before you leave the House and tell yourself, “you pretty thing!” or, “you smart-ass”.