Total Pageviews

9/7/09

KNOW MORE ABOUT YOUR LIVER & TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT !




HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE YOUR LIVER ? How Can You Love it, if You Don't Know it?

Hi... I'm Your Liver! Let me tell you how much I love you…in 9 ways
1. I store the iron reserves you need, as well as a lot of vitamins and other minerals. Without me, you wouldn't have the strength to carry on!
2. I make bile to help digest your food. Without me, you'd waste away to nothing.
3. I detoxify poisonous chemicals you give me, and that includes alcohol, beer, wine and drugs (prescribed and over-the-counter) as well as illegal substances. Without me, your "bad" habits would kill you.
4. I store energy, like a battery, by stockpiling sugar (carbohydrates, glucose and fat) until you need it. Without me, the sugar level in your blood could fall dramatically and you'd go into a coma.
5. I make the blood that got your system going even before you were born. Without me, you wouldn't be here!
6. I manufacture new proteins that your body needs to stay healthy and grow. Without me, you wouldn't grow properly!
7. I remove poisons from the air, exhaust smoke and chemicals you breathe. Without me, you'd be poisoned by pollutants!
8. I make clotting factors that stop the bleeding when you accidentally prick yourself. Without me, you'd bleed to death!

No comments: