- 1½ pounds spinach
- 12 chives, large chop
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, quartered and peeled
- 6 kumato tomatoes, sliced into thin wedges
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted (recipe below)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- ½ pound slab lardon, cut into thick matchsticks
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Fairway EVOO
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a heavy pan over a medium heat.
- Add the lardon matchsticks and brown for 5 minutes.
- While browning the lardon, wash the spinach, dry well and place in a serving bowl.
- Add the chopped eggs and the tomatoes on top of the spinach.
- Remove the lardon from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on one side of your salad bowl.
- Pour out half of the fat in the pan and let it cool for 2 minutes.
- Add the red wine vinegar, 5 tablespoons olive oil and the Dijon mustard to the bacon fat and blend.
- Drizzle the dressing over the spinach salad, sprinkle the toasted walnuts on top and serve.
- ½ cup of walnuts